Make a Difference community group brings together and fosters understanding amongst local people from the diverse communities across Greater Manchester.
Supporting Women and Girls in Employment
• Women and Girls need more peer support/upskilling opportunities.
• To help women and girls gain skills and self-esteem to realise they can take a path of their choice, not the path that they think is for them.
• To showcase existing support for women/girls in Stockport to be prepared for employment.
• Employers in Stockport need to be inclusive and prepared to support a diverse group of women and girls i.e SEND, LGBT+ etc.
• To support women’s mental health for employment.
• To understand what the DWP is able to share with the community.
• Knowledge and understanding with employment rights relating to women i.e childcare, maternity etc.
Feeling safe and heard in Stockport communities
• Supported female spaces to talk. For example, Girls’ youth clubs.
• More support for women who newly arrive in the country.
• More women’s voices at representation meetings and more encouragement for people to be heard.
• Safe spaces for young women/girls.
• What is on offer for women in Stockport.
• Strategically linking into statutory organisations.
Women and Girl’s health/mental health
• Training and information about women’s health – Stockport specific.
Women and Girl’s Education and training
• There is no consistent training offer for Stockport inc knowing the demographics of Stockport.
• Events and awareness raising.
• Education with schools re-protected characteristics.